Friday 6 December 2013

Macklemore Zebra Nails

The inspiration behind my new nails was this beautiful man right here:


I can't begin to describe how happy I am when he hear Macklemore's music. It's rare to hear an artist rap about things other than hoes and money. 
Instead he bases his lyrics around growing up, equality, sobriety and respect. Oh and also op shops, because he's best known for only having 20 dollars in his pocket.
I've always been a hip hop and rap fan, in my teenage years it was all I listened to. 

Luckily my music tastes have evolved to other genres, but I will always favour hip hop/rap. It will always be my weakness..

I was looking to create some nails inspired by one of his amazing eccentric outfits and this one was the original and greatest in my eyes.


I used China Glaze in Kalahari Kiss, only two coats.
The zebra stripes were created using and black striper brush by Art Club. Amazingly, these brushes are easy to control even though they look awkward. 
I waited about 15 minutes before applying a top coat of Seche Vite. Unfortunately the stripes still bled and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the formula of the black polish in the striper brush bottle?
Regardless, I was really happy with these and I got a hell of a lot of compliments when wearing them. 

Very happy with my first attempt at zebra stripes 👍 now I'm off to pop some tags...

No comments:

Post a Comment