Wednesday 11 December 2013

Remove nail stains!!

So.. The other day I had an unfortunate thing happen. I was testing out a brand that for some reason had a bad reaction to my nails. I used a strong base coat like I do everytime. I swatched, took a picture and went to take it off.. Then this happened...


Imagine my horror. I've never been a "oh no I broke a nail" kind of girl, but this gave me a lump in my throat. I had also just buffed the surface of my nails a few days prior so I knew that buffing again so soon was not ideal. Doing so would make the nails weak and brittle.

Luckily my hubby reminded me about a stain remover that I had bought a while back. I use it on my teeth but I saw on other blogs and reviews it can also be used successfully on nails. And this is the product:


It's called Eucryl. We don't have this readily available in Australia so I bought mine online. Oh and look at the hedgehog nail brush my former nail mail buddy Megan got for me! Squee! 

So the process is that you wet the bristles of the brush, shake off the excess water, dab it in the powder and scrub away. Not too hard though, it's not necessary.


Amazingly, I didn't have to scrub for more than a whole minute to get rid of all the stains. I started scrubbing thinking nothing was happening until I pushed some of the foam away... It seriously felt like a miracle!


I highly recommend you invest in this stain remover powder! I was absolutely amazed! While it may not take away all the yellow stains straight away, my nails certainly do look less yellow. The most important thing is that it got rid of the awful polish stain. I'm going to make this scrub a weekly ritual now!

Xx snowglobenails 

3 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing!! I'm going to have to get some. I've tried cuticle remover, it works but I don't like the damage to my nails. Denture tablets aren't that effective either :/ Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an amazing solution to staining thank you so much for sharing. ...I am 8 the UK and able to get this xxxx

    ReplyDelete